Tuesday 28 April 2009

Busy Day!

It was my intention not to get behind with this, but now I have, so I had better catch up quick!

Tuesday was a busy day. Mornings are spent at my Floristry class,which is always enjoyable, but this one went on a little bit longer than normal and I didn't get back to my car till after 12.30 (the class is supposed to finish about 11.45). And the reason for that was a Carmen Rose, or as I keep wanting to call it a Carmen Miranda Rose! A carmen rose is a created rose, it is made from the centre of one rose and the petals from however many roses are needed to create the effect you want. And this is mine, and I am quite pleased for a first attempt, this is a design that needs some practice, but when perfected is quite stunning.


I had a look at a few of these on the Internet and as a Bride's Bouquet they can look amazing, if somewhat costly, starting at about £120 upwards, but the price is some indication of the amount of time and level of skill needed to make one. They also take a bit of dedication on the Florist's part, as they really need to be made as late as possible, so that means getting up during the night. I bound mine with some lovely bright, lime green ribbon, you may notice as time goes on that I have a bit of thing for green, particularly lime green!



After leaving floristry, I popped into Boots to top up our vitamin supply, sun cream for Jamie and get some bronzer. I am what my DH calls 'Northern pale' and am not a great one for a lot of foundation, so as the sun appears to be here I thought replace the bronzer. I then of course did what they want you to do, which is think, "Ah 3 for 2, I'll just top up the stock of ......." so for me that included shower gel, toothpaste, a couple of other bits from the No 7 range (don't tell Mike, but they were 3 for 2!). When I got to the check out I was glad I had saved quite a bit on my Advantage Card! By the time I got home, did the usual bits and pieces, it was almost time to collect Jamie from school!

In the evening, Jamie and I were going back to school for a languages information evening. It was basically a fun and informal way to show parents how they are teaching languages in the school. We dropped into his class and played bingo and match the pairs in French, the children showed how they played a version of Chinese whispers in French and also hangman. The year 3 children were good when they sang us their songs and watching the parachute game in the hall was fun. That has to be seen - I have seen them on the field doing that and I wondered what it was all about, now I know - 2 or 3 children sit in a technicolour parachute and the other children walk around with handles on the outside, until it become tight in the middle and then they all pull and the children inside go flying. It does seem to be very enjoyable for them! We also popped in to see some of the German and Bulgarian! It was a good evening and there was a lovely atmosphere between the staff and the teachers, which any parent welcomes.

So it was quite a busy day!

Ciao

Sue

XX

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...