Wednesday 21 October 2009

College Week 5 - This Week was Good!

The best week at college so far .....

Monday




Here is my hand tied which I hate, although the wrapping is good, everything looks to be in the wrong place for me and I seem to have a line of foliage through the arrangement. Not happy with that one. Taking photos of the work and then looking back at them is a wonderful way to assess the design as so often you can pick up on something with the camera lens that you cannot with your eye, so I find it a great learning tool.


Student Council

On Monday I attended the Student Council, along with D, one of the younger students on the course. I felt being on the Council would be a good way to get some of the issues which we are finding a bit of a pain aired, and it was. I can't believe how much I have changed over the past couple of years. Going to a meeting and speaking out in front of 40+ people would have crippled me but now, hey I go say my piece and that is that. I aired the issues that were bugging some of us oldies in the class, such as parking, council tax letters, lack of mature student provision or activities amongst others. So now I am waiting for the next meeting , next half term to get feedback on the points which I raised. It was an interesting experience.


Tuesday

By Tuesday I was not feeling too well and was struggling with the cold that Mike has had for a couple of weeks, well until it developed into swollen glands, chest infection and other bits, he is still not too well now. I haven't been anywhere near as ill as Mike and ensured I got into college, even if I wasn't firing on all cylinders, so to speak! I am pretty disappointed with my symmetrical arrangements too, not a good one, didn't flow at all so think it is really pants. I will have to try a lot harder with the next one! It even looks worse in the photo than it did in reality!! Poor shape, uneven colour mixture, dominant foliage etc etc, I won't go on.



Wednesday





Very pleased with this one though and think it looks pretty good, a couple of things to improve on but it was a first attempt and signed off at first attempt too. I would want more colour contrast if possible, and I would put the main flowers in with some string to guide me to keep a straight line, which I think may make the arrangement look just that little bit better. None of us were very happy with the size of the Akito roses this week. They looked beautiful but were just too small and didn't have the impact that they should have done, they were not powerful enough to be the focal point.

Managed to drag Jamie away from a computer long enough for him to do a jigsaw, hooray!



Ciao

Sue

XX

Reading challenge 9/16 - currently reading Lovers and Players by Jackie Collins
Jamie's Reading challenge 10/12 - currently reading Indiana Jones and the Kingdom of the Crystal Skull by James Luceno
SLYMI - 1/52

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...