Saturday 29 December 2012

The Hobbit

Spoiler Warning

Jamie and I headed off to see The Hobbit late afternoon with some excitement.  I was really looking forward to seeing this one and looking forward to Richard Armitage as a dwarf - he is actually quite a tall chap!  Jamie had given me hints from reviews he had read, so I was expecting the start to be quite slow but it was cracking good fun from the start.

We start with the very familiar, we are back in The Shire, back in Bilbo Baggins house, he is old and preparing for a party - so we began on very familiar ground and I hadn't expected to see Frodo so that was a pleasant surprise.

Jamie said in a review he had seen the start was quite slow and it all took some time to get going but I thought it hit the ground running giving us a taste of what we know and were comfortable with before moving off into the new adventure.

Martin Freeman was great as Bilbo Baggins, quite easily believed as the younger version of the Bilbo that we know.  We were of course playing spot the actor behind the beards and there were lots of very familiar voices which revealed themselves in the credits among them Ken Stott and James Nesbitt (who was recognisable).    The story moved along at a good pace and kept us both interested and entertained with a couple of jumps out of our seats at a couple of points. 

The ending well - I won't spoil that but I may well have been heard to mutter something quietly - just to say I am very much looking forward to the next film now!!  Overall a good film and even though a long film it did fly past so always an indication of a very good film.

Ciao

Sue

Currently reading War and Peace

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...