Wednesday 4 January 2012

Fallen by Karin Slaughter and The Unremarkable Heart

Finishing two Karin Slaughter books in one day - well not quite!

BEWARE SPOILERS


Fallen, I read in about 3 sittings and thoroughly enjoyed as I have done with all KS books, but I have jumped ahead a couple of books I think here.  Fallen is the fusion of Grant County (Sara Linton) and Atlanta Georgia (GBI's Will Trent) and now leads the way for this series into the future (I hope).  Will's GBI partner Faith Mitchell and her family are in serious trouble - police corruption, kidnapping and murder to begin with.  This was for me the first time I have met some of these characters (Faith, her mother Evelyn Mitchell, GBI Deputy Director Amanda ?? (disadvantage of a Kindle - I can't flick to the page and check the name!!) but am beginning to like them and was anxious for a good outcome for them from this story.  I am looking forward to seeing how the relationship between Sara and Will develops too.

It has all of KS great pace and action, the characters are rounded and well developed, interesting, flawed but ultimately you want them to survive and the book grips you and keeps you reading into the night.  In this book KS really has kept the standard high.  Did I miss Jeffrey Tolliver - yes of course I did but if Sara is moving on then so must I!!

The Unremarkable Heart


A Kindle only ebook (or enovella) - very short, very dark, very sad, very depressing - do I need to go on.  Yes the story does draw you in but it is bleak BLEAK - it covers terminal illness, a paedophile husband, a daughter's suicide in about 60 pages and all takes place on a deathbed.  It was well done but I still wish I hadn't read it.

Ciao
Sue
XX

Currently reading Treasure Island by Robert Louis Stephenson

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...