Saturday 28 January 2012

Ribbon Storage - May

I decided I needed to improve how my scrapbooking ribbons were stored and had a look around at what was available to buy.  I found the Jumbo Pulleze ribbon which was the size I was after but balked at the £40 price tag.  I knew I could get a plain plastic make-up washbag in Boots and thought I might have a go at making my own version of this style of ribbon storage.
Jumbo Pull EZ Ribbon Purse

Here is how I had been storing my ribbons - not very successful and not at all easy to use.

I headed into Boots and found a 3 pack of clear plastic make-up/wash-bags for £5 and used the largest for my ribbons.  After a little work with my pokey tool, I made the holes and pushed the  ribbons through and this is what I created.  It turned out that great minds think alike and Ali from the crop had also made exactly the same thing, and now everyone at the crop are making their own versions.

As for the other two - well I now use one to store all of my adhesive and glue, dots, pads etc and the third I keep my glimmer mists so all in all a very good value purchase.  I now use my ribbons a lot more on the layouts I've done and they are so easy to get in and out, and so easy to lay them onto the layout and see if they will work.  Overall I am really pleased, I saved some money, have stored my ribbons well and make much more use of them.
It looks a bit of a mess in the picture but I can assure you it works wonderfully - above is the pull and use side - below is the other side which holds all the ribbon on card, especially my favourite DCWV Rockstar ribbons (a collection I have used over and over again - a real go back to collection)

 Below is the inside view, everything pulls out so easily - really pleased and more of my favourite DCWV.
 Below are some of my favourite ribbons too, a couple from Websters Pages and favourite green and brown - again my go to colours and a plain cream which I colour up with inks to match a project if I haven't got the precise colour I'm after and can be made to look really vintage too.  My aim to use my ribbons a lot more on projects and I think I've managed that really pleased!

Ciao
Sue
XX
Reading challenge 4/20 - currently reading Drop Dead Gorgeous by Jackie Collins (in print) and The picture of Dorian Gray (on Kindle)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...