Sunday 17 January 2010

Christmas Preparations Have Started




This week was a busier week and started with Jamie at his Cub Christmas celebration which was held at Woburn Safari Park, in their play barn, a very good time was had and Jamie came home full of fun and very tired, he seems to be enjoying himself in these pictures!





Jamie was back at cubs again on Tuesday and they were planning for their space sleepover which I'll get to later. It did also involve us having to go out and buy one or two items for Jamie for his weekend, such as a sleeping bag, torch a couple of extra layers of clothes, plastic plate and bowl etc, but it was good fun and he was really looking forward to it. I have to say I was a little worried as I wasn't sure how he was going to take it, being away from home and not having us in contact was going to be a totally new experience for all of us.


It was a busy busy week for Jamie as on Thursday he had his guitar Grade 1 Exam, I went along with Mike and Jamie but had to go away as I was very nervous and didn't want to make Jamie nervous. I had a coffee in the cafe at the Church in CMK where his exam was being held. He was a trooper and seemed to take it all in his stride, and was really happy when it was over with. He knew which bits he wasn't happy with, but it was the first time he had done anything like this at all so we will see how he goes. We have been really lucky with Jamie's teacher and he is lovely and really knows how to work with and connect with his pupils, he is brilliant with Jamie and you can tell from his playing, his attitude and his enthusiasm now he is going to Ivan - they have all improved in leaps and bounds. (As I am writing this well behind now - the good, no fantastic news is that he has passed and passed well, so we are very very proud of him but I'll get to that one in a later post).

Then it was onto Friday and I took Jamie to his sleepover near Bedford and when I had finally found the place, in the ice and fog and cold (!) and left him I was a bit worried as the whole place looked a bit basic. Well it looked basic to me, and I needn't have worried, Jamie had a brilliant time and can't wait for the next one!! Here are some pictures ....

there was mud in plenty

Having fun being creative
More mud and lots of walking too

They seemed to have plenty to eat, in and out of each others rooms when they should have been in bed sleeping,

More food (you can see one of his plastic plates here!)

Jamie had a brilliant time, so all was good! And when he came home there was plenty of very very muddy clothes for the washing machine!!
As for me I had a busy day too on Saturday but check out the next post for what I was up to.

Ciao

Sue

XX

Reading challenge 10/16 - currently reading Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkhaban

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...