Monday 23 August 2010

End of Year 5 and Some Other Odds and Ends!!

I cannot believe it!! Jamie has now ended Year 5 and he has only one more year left in Junior school - where has the time gone!!  I had many many things planned for the last week of term so that everything was neat and tidy and all of the jobs were out of the way but as always life comes along!!    So it is goodbye to the burgundy jumpers and hello to the black of Year 6 - some more name tapes to be added!!

I was planning to head off for my monthly crop but I got hit with a stomach problem which in the end caused me problems for a couple of weeks.  It's a condition I've had on and off for a long time but it hadn't really bothered me too much for some time, but it hit me with a vengeance - so I never got to my crop and spent about 4 days just sleeping.  I managed to walk to school but until Thursday that was a struggle too.  When I was awake I spent the time watching daytime TV and as Mike said - "You must be ill to sit and watch that!!" and how right he was.

Daytime TV can provide a great service to a great many people but it could be a little more interesting than just a diet of antique and house hunting programmes, I am only talking about BBC as I didn't even venture onto ITV and their daytime output.  I could never be ill enough for that!!  My silver lining was that I was ill after I finished college and not during as that may have caused a lot more problems!!  But I am hunky dory again so all is good!!

So we have embarked on the summer holidays with the usual late morning starts - lots of playing with friends for Jamie and we are having a few days out and short breaks here and there and just some time to come down from the very hectic year we have all just had!!  The summer holidays seem very short this year and it is unlikely we will be able to get away for a proper holiday due to other commitments but there is still plenty of fun to be had and I am looking forward to having Jamie at home full time!

Ciao
Sue

Reading challenge 13/16 - currently reading If I Was by Midge Ure

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...