Wednesday 11 August 2010

NAFAS Show Harrogate - Part 2 - A Page From History

Here are another batch of photos from the Nafas show in Harrogate.  This time it is the A Page from History class, with just a few comments here and there from me.  One of the areas which always fills me with wonder is the wonderful variety of topics that competitors choose to adopt, and how they can interpret the same title in so many different and unusual ways, I am often filled with awe and envy at the ideas they have come up with. 

Again if any from this class are missing it is because of the quality of my photography and all comments are just my own opinions.  This was a much larger space to fill and I think everyone has created amazing interpretations of the title.  A couple of these photos I cannot remember the name of the design but here goes ......



DNA - the double helix - nice to see science brought into floral arrangement.


D-Day - a lovely interpretation of the theme, down to the helmet made from leaves, lots of textures and ideas in this one


Queen Elizabeth I - I loved this one, a wonderful interpretation, but sadly not a prize winner


Sadly I can't remember the name of this one! but a very interesting looking arrangement


Wars of the Roses (I think) I really like this one too, an interesting theme to pick, but very appropriate whilst in the heart of Yorkshire


Florence Nightingale - a lovely arrangement (I bought a stand very similar to these at the show too!) just a few varieties of  of flowers put together very well.  Have you spotted the lamp at the back of the arrangement.



This may have been Capt Cook and the discovery of Australia or it may have been something to do with Tahiti - sadly I cannot remember.


Bonnie Prince Charlie and The Scottish Rebellion,can you spot the tartan and the tartan colours in the design?


I could be totally wrong but I think this maybe Manchu Pichu (if this is your design and I have got it wrong I am so sorry!!), I love the wood and the different textures and the flowers hidden away at the back in the rain forest!!


One of my favourites, The Suffragettes and it was a wonderful interpretation of the theme, using their colours.  The flowers are beautiful - totally - the most amazing colour anthurium (I can't tell you what colour as they aren't in my identification book!) and some lovely roses and the prado pino dianthus - it is simply a stunning colour combination and those colours against the iron railings - I just love it


78 Derngate Northants - the Charles Rennie Mackintosh House, again a wonderful theme to choose and a lot of work and thought has gone into this design.


VE Day again another really interesting interpretation and a very traditional looking arrangement.


Galileo - another of my favourites because of its modern styling and interesting use of shape and texture, I also like the use the wire in this design and science in floral arrangement again!!


I cannot remember the title of this one, but not sure about the black candles but they are co-ordinated well with the very dark anthurium.


An obvious theme for this one and nicely interpreted, I may have done more with the basing but it was mossed from memory so lots of work involved there.


I think this may have been Captain Cook or Tahiti but I am not sure.  I loved this one, with its use of exotic flowers and such a variety of textures there is interest throughout this design for me.  I would have liked to have seen all of the mechanics hidden but I am being very picky - I love it!!

There are lots more photos still to come which I will get loaded in due course........

Ciao
Sue
XX

Reading challenge 13/16 - currently reading If I Was by Midge Ure

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...