Wednesday 19 January 2011

An 18th Birthday Scrapbook

A couple of years ago I made a scrapbook as a gift for H, who regularly babysits for Jamie and who is very special to Mike and I, a surrogate goddaughter you might say.  Well her sister, also H, is no less special to us so I again wanted to make a scrapbook for her, after conspiring with her Mum and Dad to get some pictures and memorabilia and raiding her photos on facebook, I was ready to go.  I was pleased with the overall result and as with H I encouraged her to feel free to drop in and raid my scrap crap at any point to add to her scrapbook.  One small note here, we were very very sad to hear some news from H and P and just hope and pray that it will all resolve itself very soon.

I didn't take any photos of H1's (!) scrapbook and must get her to bring it around so I can, so I didn't make that mistake this time with H2, so here are the pages I made for her.

The front cover, just a picture of H looking very beautiful ....
Some K and Co papers here, My Sister My Friend ....
A Baby has a Special Way of Adding Joy to Everyday.....the envelope contains the plastic baby bracelet they put on the new baby in hospital, K and Co again.....
School Days, K and Co Hannah - I had used these papers on H1's album so wanted to use some on H2 to tie the two together ....the sub headings are Explore, Create and Think Big ......
A Girl and her Dog, H2 loves animals so this layout is very appropriate for her - the headings are from Elegant Word Art again (I really love her work and it has been such a find to be able to use some of her word art, I've even had a go at creating one or two of my own, but more of that on another blog).  A very simple layout really, but think the Basic Grey rub-on really works well at the bottom of the page, there are a couple of charms under the picture of Millie - who is a really sweet thing, deaf as a post now but so quiet and gentle.
Dressing Up - Now & Then, a really simple layout but I think it works with the great pictures of H2.
A mixture of Stampin Up papers and K and Co on Having Fun, this gave me the chance to use some really girly bits, pinks and pastels which I don't really get the chance to use for boy layouts.
Pals, more K and Co - I think its the Que Sera (?) papers, the sub-heading is take care of yourself and your friends.....
Daughter, K and Co Hannah again and some added memorabilia courtesy of H's Mum.
Very simple, Beautiful Girl and a lovely picture of H2.
Some HOTP papers which worked perfectly and another brilliant picture of H.

H loved her present and it is always such a joy to see her face, especially when she read a couple of the memorabilia bits which were in there.Great fun to do and well worth the hard work when you see the reaction.


Ciao

Sue
XX

Reading challenge 15/16 - currently reading War and Peace by Leo Tolstoy (not off my reading challenge)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...