Monday 17 January 2011

November Scrapbooking Crop

The November crop came around again very quickly, so I headed off totes packed and raring to go - I seem to be getting worse these days and only managed two layouts but I did win the challenge this month which was lovely.

I find my scrapbooking style is very fluid and this month I seemed to do very simple layouts but I love them both - perhaps even more so for their simplicity.

My Little Prince - the challenge winning layout - very muted tones, some My Mind's Eye paper and embellishments, a grungeboard crown and a petaloo (I think) flower, I love the saying from Elegant Word Art "when I count my blessing I count you twice", says it all really, a little bit of  ribbon and I just need to complete the journalling card - also from MME.  I'd also used my SU punch for the edge on the sub-heading.
 My second layout was of our darling little Pebbles who we lost 3 years ago, in the photo she is sunning herself in the back garden, which she loved to do.  I picked the background paper because it picked up on some of her colouring - she was the most amazingly coloured tortoiseshell (well she was to us!!).  The 12 X 12 is Costco (I think), other papers Basic Grey as is the title, a prima flower and more EWA for the sub-heading - "Dogs come when called Cats take a message and get back to you".  The journalling reads "Our lovely Pebbles sunning herself in the back garden.  She was regal, loyal and stately.  I loved watching her make her way around the kitchen to get to her food bowl, which she did via the table, breakfast bar, sink and cooker.  She also used to love sleeping wrapped around our heads purring on our pillows."  (We had to keep the cat food on the worktop to stop the dogs eating it - hence her route to her food - why do dogs love cat food so much?)

and here is my fab prize, feel really lucky and thank you to everyone at the crop - can't wait for December as that is our special Christmas crop with a Secret Santa and food - it should be a lovely day.

Ciao

Sue
XX

Reading challenge 15/16 - currently reading War and Peace by Leo Tolstoy (not off my reading challenge)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...