Monday 25 April 2011

Church Flowers

There had been a little gap in the church flower rota for J and myself, I hadn't been able to go to the Christmas decoration and arrangements date, but this date was a good date to be in and around Church as I had only recently heard the news of the death of someone of whom I was a huge fan.

When we arrive at Church our first job is to clear up all of the arrangements from the previous weeks and as far as possible re-use anything that can be used, if it fits in with the colour scheme of the week, if not those flowers may be re-used in another part of the church not around the font and altar areas.  We always want to get as much value out of the flowers that we use as possible.

I did the font and the outside pedestal and J the inside pedestal and poor box - I wasn't happy with the font arrangement but it got some lovely feedback so I guess it did the trick.  The feedback we get is always very good so we are making the parishioners happy and that is what we are after.

The Entrance Pedestal - Reusing a lot of the previous week's flowers









Ciao
Sue
XX

Reading challenge 15/16 - currently reading Learn To Be An Optimist by Lucy MacDonald

2 comments:

  1. Przepiękne kompozycje kwiatowe :)
    Pozdrawiam z Polski

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice. I like the pink roses. It just ignites the color inside the church. It gives fragrance and adds up the happy moments inside the church.


    Visit my site: Effects of Divorce

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...