Friday 8 July 2011

Book Review - Kathy Reichs 206 Bones

Beware Spoilers
I am a fan of Kathy Reichs novels and enjoy them very much and this was no exception.  The plot was a little similar to a plot of a Patricia Cornwell (can't remember which book around Black Notice/The Last Precinct time) in which someone close to Temperance Brennan was trying to sabotage her and her reputation.  This book is set in the lead up to Christmas and Brennan is anxious to get back to North Carolina from the cold of Quebec to spend the holiday with her daughter.

The central crimes of the book are the murders of 4 elderly women, and its nice to see a different victim to the norm of many other similar books as it gives the story a different edge to the usual young attractive woman or child.  Tempe has to work with on/off love interest Andrew Ryan to solve these crimes and to work out who is sabotaging her in the forensic laboratory.

The story is largely told in flashback, as Tempe is trying to escape from her capture and incarceration in somewhere not too pleasant.  There are of course some clues along the way to the identity of the saboteur, some subtle and some not so.  I enjoyed the book and read it in about three sittings which is back to my usual form for Kathy Reichs, so I am now looking forward to the next one.

I have got a little behind with Kathy Reichs whom I usually read as soon as the next book was out,  so I think I have a couple still to catch up on  - Mortal Remains, Virals (which I believe may be aimed at a teenage market) and Flash and Bones (which is published in September) so fingers crossed the library has one of the first two on my next visit.

Ciao
Sue
XX

Reading challenge 16/16 - COMPLETE!!
Currently reading  - TBC

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...