Thursday 7 July 2011

Stampin' Up Party 2

One of the girls from the crop had a stampin' up party so we all gathered again to enjoy some great company, to have some fun making things, have a good look at all of the lovely Stampin' Up goodies and have a generally great time.  This time we made a 'Thank-you' card doing some stamping and cutting out, personally speaking in crafting straight lines are very much overrated (well they are for me!!)

I bought a couple of items, I have been so impressed with the cardstock, that I decided to stock up and bought a selection of the 12x12 to keep me going scrapbooking for a while and this cardstock can be seen in some of the upcoming posts of pages I've done.




I bought a range of colours which I hope will keep me going for some time, everything from brights to neutrals and some lovely rich jewel tones in between.




I also bought a stamp roller to allow me to put some images onto the card stock and play around with a few ideas for layouts - a big swirly pattern - because I like big swirls!!

I also bought a set of stamps (I love the way they come in the DVD case, makes them so easy to store and find when needed!) and these were the ones used on the card, they have some lovely delicate images on, damask pattern, flower, butterfly - all really useful images.  And they were on special offer too, so were a good price.  I think these can be used to create backgrounds on layouts and little added areas of interest too, I might even use them if I go for the card making at Bucks County Show again!!
A great fun evening, a fantastic cake from N, thanks for the doggy bag for the boys they loved it, in fact Jamie was waiting up to see if there was any cake, and made it downstairs in about 0.5 seconds to devour it - he wasn't waiting until Saturday!!

Ciao
Sue
XX 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...