Saturday 13 February 2010

Christmas Day

A Merry Christmas to All!


Christmas started early, with the usual he's been he's been! (Phew says me I'm glad he's been I'm not sure I could face the day without Santa calling.) Jamie's sack didn't look as big as usual but it appears Father Christmas is leaving him less, even though it must be costing him a lot of money!!

No photos again as they are on the video camera, hopefully will get some sorted at some point!!

Jamie was delighted as Santa brought him a Wii so he is a very happy bunny, we will explore it a bit more tomorrow when the house is quieter and not so busy. I got a couple of books I was after and a couple of scrapbooking bits and Mike got DVD and music stuff. We really didn't go mad with each other this year, as we didn't really need anything so why waste money buying things we really don't need!

Lovely day, lots of food (too much food), lots of wine, and then lots more wine!! Enjoyable company and a few giggles. I flagged about 8.30 as I usually do. Dr Who brilliant, but will be very sorry to see DT go.

We had a neighbour over for lunch too as he would have been on his own and that wouldn't be right, I love cooking for people so it's nice to have people here to eat. I did my usual apricot and chestnut stuffing which is lovely just a regular sausage meat stuffing with added apricots and chestnuts, seems to do the trick. One of the few pictures I took on Christmas Day, Binnie asleep on a shoulder after Christmas lunch, you would think she was full!!




Ready for my bed by about 9pm, but Mike and I were on the floor, so would have to wait till Boxing Day for a really good sleep.

An enjoyable Christmas Day and the only disaster, I burnt the parsnips (ha ha!!)

Ciao

Sue

XX

Reading challenge 10/16 - currently reading Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkhaban

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...