Saturday 13 February 2010

Christmas Scrapbooking

The front cover and a couple of other pages, I was lucky to be able to change the date quite easily!

Last year I had hoped to make a Christmas book, but in the words of the wonderful genius that is John Lennon, 'life is what happens to you whilst your busy making other plans' and that didn't happen. No need to rehash why except to say it was quickly and successfully dealt with and all are happier and more content as a consequence so Mrs Holy H, Mrs Stuck up M and AWJS stick it in your pipe etc etc.



The blue pages will work well for the snowy pictures!

So I have resurrected the very small start I made last year and have got cracking with it for this year, I expect it may take me half the year to make it but I will complete it in fits and starts as 2010 goes on. I started by cutting out papers covering pages as the basis for the book and here are some pictures of some of the pages in the first stage.




I think one of these papers may be MME or possibly Cosmo Cricket, I'm not too good at noting down what I use!

The next stage with those pages will be to sand and then ink up the edges.



I love these bottom two, which are I think MME.


Some layering and journalling bits.

I have also spent some time cutting out some embellishments to go on the pages, Christmas trees, stars, Santa stockings, making little envelopes and some wallets and journalling tags. I am going to make some more journalling tags with my cuttlebug and then I will be ready to start sorting out the Christmas photos and getting them all printed up, via one of the online photo printing and if I manage that by Easter I think I will be quite happy!!



Holly, Christmas trees, stars, baubles and a Santa stocking - home made embellys what could be better.


I have gathered a box of Christmas themed goodies from my scrap crap too so I have everything at hand when I get a few minutes to sit and work on the book.




I like these bottom two too, HOTP I think.

Cutting things out has been a bit of a challenge, as I really really need to get myself to the opticians and bite the bullet of varifocals - oh how sad I am getting old, as I can no longer sit and cut out whilst watching TV!! It is one or the other TV or cutting out, I guess it comes to us all - ha ha!!



Some more layering and journalling ....

I was pleased that I seemed to have quite a few Christmas papers and found a whole Hot of the Press Christmas paper pad, which I didn't even buy (it still had the price of about £16 and I would never pay that for HOTP) a cast off from someone, but it has served me very very well indeed.

So I am now almost ready to crack on with the next stage.


This picture has given me an idea as I love this saying, it's inspirational to me, so I may put a section on the front to have an inspirational or motivating phrase or saying, I find them nourishing.


Ciao

Sue

XX

Reading challenge 10/16 - currently reading Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkhaban

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...