Sunday 14 February 2010

Reflections on a Year

It is that time of year when we reflect, well I always do. It has been a good year. Our lives have changed so much, probably irrevocably this year, but very much for the better.

Jamie is growing and growing, as his Mum I do sometimes wish I could slow it down but he has to be who he is and who he is going to be and my job is to be there for him, in whatever way he needs me. Thankfully he still does and still loves to cuddle and snuggle and kiss and cuddle, he is still my little boy, although I can't kiss him at the school gate anymore, I have to do it a few feet away, so he can't be seen from the playground!! He has become more challenging as children do when they become older and I/we as parents have to learn how to understand and deal with all of these changes, I don't think we are doing a bad job. He has lots of things he can be very proud of and the most is his wonderful kind and caring nature.

Mike well his life outside of work and us is Aylesbury Friars and trains and even though he gets cross and frustrated at times, he loves it!! He was born to write about music and he needs to pursue this path he is on, as far as it will take him. As a result of this we have made some wonderful new friends who are super company and reconnected with some others. If I was to hazard a guess at what was Mike's highlights of the year well it would be the Friars gigs.

And me, well I started on my path to changing my career, and so far so good. Yes it is strange, sometimes enjoyable and often frustrating being a student again but I am getting there. My highlights of the year - well in no particular order

  • John Barrowman in panto at Birmingham
  • Jamie settling into his new school and loving it
  • Metallica at Birmingham (can't wait to see them again!)
  • Scrap crap shopping at Capture the Magic and leaving several hundred pounds lighter and then sitting and going through the stash over and over again (during our mini-break to Ely) much to Mike and Jamie's consternation
  • Flower arranging and more flower arranging, joining Flower Club, Sylvia, June and Rebecca, Sue
  • Moving on from C
  • Getting Binnie's op done and out of the way
  • Race for Life
  • Nafas Annual Show
  • Jamie's progress with the guitar
  • Seeing Australia play cricket, seeing Brett Lee
  • PTLLS Course
  • Entering Bucks and Thame Shows flower arranging
  • Floristry course (almost)
  • La Cage Aux Folles with John Barrowman
  • Friars, Friars and more Friars
  • Backstage at Friars
  • China Crisis
  • Jamie joining the Cubs and loving it
  • scrapbooking
  • and blogging

and the best to be able just to be with Mike and Jamie.

Ciao

Sue

XX

Reading challenge 10/16 - currently reading Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkhaban

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...