Saturday 13 February 2010

Christmas Flower Arranging Part 2

For the second Saturday running I indulged myself and spent the day at Sue Billington's Christmas flower arranging class, this time it was flower arrangements. Not much chat just a look at what was covered. But I had a brilliant day, really enjoyed it and had a good natter to Sue about college etc. Lots of chatting going on, met lots of new people and caught up with some who were in the same class as me in the spring and summer, lovely to see them again.

The first arrangement is a table centre, I think I will use this on the table on Christmas Day. I tend to avoid silver, but I really think this works, with the silver green of the spruce and the berzelia and I totally love the crystals, very bling and very Christmas.



The arrangement is resting on a cake stand which sets it off perfectly and I get to use it again too!





White spray carnation, gypsophilia and some silver bullion wire.




The second arrangement was this lovely amaryllis (Hippeastrum 'Liberty'), I've wanted to use these for a while and really enjoyed this design. Sticks are supporting the amaryllis stems and I love the pot this arrangement is in, so natural.




A close up of the flowers, they look so lovely




a close up of the cross over of ribbon and pins holding them on, it looks so pretty,



The base is covered in reindeer moss, which has the most amazing texture, some holly, a carnation and a little bit of bling.




These photographs don't show the colour of the flowers well, they look shocking pink when they were Christmas red, the base was a glass container filled with cello, cranberries and water, which made it look like ice, fantastic. It's a great technique to have up your flower arranging sleeve!

There are one or two small green bauble recessed into the arrangement which look really cute, and I'm not that into baubles but these looked lovely.

The whole arrangement, the carnations were not open as it was still a few days to Christmas, so they were really tight, so they would open and flower over Christmas itself.


Shocking pink here but really the flowers were Christmas red.

Fir cones and baubles looking really cute and working well together, lots of different textures in this arrangement.



So now all my Christmas arrangements are ready and the house is decorated for Christmas, I guess we can say Christmas is now here!!
Ciao

Sue

XX

Reading challenge 10/16 - currently reading Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkhaban

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...