Thursday 27 May 2010

And the Rest of the Week

And the rest of the week, well a couple of weirdy ones to start. Here is Jamie's arm covered not in real blood but in our fake blood as he was having a couple of days playing CSI - he was Mac and I was Stella!! The blood we made was quite good actually and had loads of bits in it too to make it really authentic, I do now of course need to get some more red food colouring. Oh and it did take a bit of work to get it off skin, hands, worktops etc!!
Jamie went around photographing the evidence a la CSI and was having some good fun!! The murder weapon perhaps with our fake blood. And talking of blood check out this from youtube it is so funny - I love all of these children's funnies - Jamie shows me them and they make us laugh so much (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G6tzQ8cW9E0 or search for Blood Not Funny on youtube) I made a flower arrangement for home just for fun - doesn't happen much at the moment - but like this one a lot! Lots of phormium tenax, chrysanthemum, gerbera and calla.

I decided to bring two interests together here, so in preparation for my window display assignment I have made a scrapbook style banner saying Happy Easter, which I think looks fab!!
I really enjoyed putting this together and found some Hot of the Press papers from my scrap crap which I must have been given as I didn't buy them, which worked perfectly, found a template on the web and used some chipboard letters I already had as templates, lots of cutting and sticking but enjoyable. I then used a cropadile for the holes and strung some green either Karen Foster lime floss to string the eggs onto. I was really pleased with the result. I had hoped to put some flowers on too, but ran out of time to finish them in that way but will finish them during the summer.
I hope the banner works on the window display - I have a feeling it might! I am thinking of fastening artificial forsythia along the length too to bring some 'real' flowers through the window display.
Ciao
Sue
XX
Reading challenge 10/16 - currently reading Songbird by Josephine Cox

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...