Wednesday 29 December 2010

Scrapbooking Crop

It was time for the October crop and it seemed to be a bit of a slow day for me as I only managed 2 layouts - I guess it must have been too much talking!!  An enjoyable time as usual and here are the layouts I managed.

A layout of many titles, it could be Seasons Greetings or Here Comes Santa Claus but it is, of course, 'HO HO HO', quite a simple layout really, I love the journalling area on this layout and the colour scheme works really well for me, not as monochromatic as I can be but still quite a minimal colour palette which I really like.  Below is a close up of the journalling.  The patterned paper is Basic Grey and the scallops from Bazill, the bling ho, ho, ho's I picked up in a bargain bucket with these pictures in mind and think it works really well too.  I added a little bit of cotton wool to the top picture to give it a real Santa hat effect and to cover that I'd chopped off the top of Jamie's head, still I think it works!!



This layout was me having some fun with a border punch, I haven't rushed out and bought any yet as I wanted to have a play with one and after using this one a Martha Stewart one I was really pleased with the possibilities they offer so may well be investing in due course.  Nothing too fancy some K and Co and Costco papers, a Prima flower and some other scrap crap basics.  Below again a close up of the journalling, the title of which I have taken from Elegant word art , which is a blog I like to dip into every now and again.



Ciao

Sue
XX

Reading challenge 15/16 - currently reading War and Peace by Leo Tolstoy

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...