Saturday 7 November 2009

And As For The Rest of the Week

Well it has been a busy week all round this week, lots of assignment work at college has kept me busy.
The most exciting part of the week was Jamie has finally got his place in Cubs and he started this week, yipee. We have been waiting for a place for quite a while now and so we are really pleased. He is going to have such a good time, Mike was in the cubs/scouts and I was a Brownie/Girl Guide so he is continuing the tradition. But anyway it is such a super thing for children to do and I am so looking forward to seeing what badges are available for him to get etc. He could hardly stop talking about it when he got home so I suspect that it was a great success.

His first night at cubs coincided with Flower Group so I had a mad dash away from leaving him off to flower group, collecting my friend June on the way. This month it was a workshop where we were shown how to make Christmas wreaths. Whilst the demo was not the best I have seen, the evening was great fun with us all sat around gossiping and chatting whilst we were making these wreaths. A wonderful evening - but sadly no pictures this month.

This week was also my old pal Macca's birthday, so Happy Birthday you old git. It has been a little while since we've seen him, but we hope to catch up with him some time next year. Oh and by the way he has a new album out so do check it out. I have still to get my copy but am looking forward to listening to it. It has been much much too long since he has had any new material out. But lots of love to you, la.

I also managed to get a piece of Jack O'Patsy this week, a candlestick. I missed out on one of these not so long ago, so was pleased to get my hands on this, despite paying quite a bit for it. I guess at some point I need to catalgue and photograph the lot of it for insurance, but for now I'm just enjoying the new piece.


Had a surprise visit from Lorraine, who I used to work with and who I know reads this and who always makes me smile, she is indefatigable, if you look it up in the dictionary there should be a picture of Lorraine. She arrived with masses of pittosporum so a huge thank-you. I don't miss much from the prison but noisy Wednesdays I do miss!


On Thursday, when Mike got home from work we let a few fireworks off which was superfun and then had jacket potatoes and sausages in buns (which Jamie commented we have every year and I guess we do!) but it is Guy Fawkes night, so it just has to be done.


On Friday, I took Jamie to the Cub bonfire get together, where we again had hot dogs and bits. It was a bit damp but enjoyable, especially for Jamie. He had a go at the doughnut eating competition, but the doughnut was on a piece of string tied between two trees and you could not use your hands, in fact they were held behind the back. Now not surprisingly Jamie did very well and polished off over half a doughnut!



And then on Saturday we had some more fireworks and sparklers as Tesco were doing 2 for 1 and we had ended up with two medium boxes of fireworks so it was jolly good fun all over again!!

And that is the main highlights of the week!


Ciao

Sue

XX

Reading challenge 9/16 - currently reading Lovers and Players by Jackie Collins (I will finish this book, I will!)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...