Thursday 26 November 2009

And For The Rest of the Week

The highlight of the week had to be Jamie's Sharing Assembly. Here he is below in his Victorian outfit, school trousers tucked into his socks, grandad shirt, neck tie and baker boy hat. He was a narrator, hence the clipboard. And he did jolly well, I could hear him really well and we were near the back! It was a really enjoyable assembly and we found out a lot about the differences between school in Victorian days and schools now. The children get such a sense of achievement out of it, and so they should.




Here is Jamie reading one of his bits, he had loads to say and had learnt most of his bits. All his class had parts to play and they all did a brilliant job, they should be very proud of themselves and credit to Mr Morris too for whipping them into shape, though not literally I hope - I don't think they took the re-enactment quite that far.





And here is Jamie posing before setting off for school, shame I hadn't been able to get some boots for him to wear, Next had sold out of everything I wanted to get him, not just the waistcoat for the assembly but boots, trainers, t-shirts, jumpers everything in his size was out of stock (aargh!).





And for the rest of the week .......


I have been busy with college assignments. I have two which are due in next week, one on colour and colour harmonies and the other on administrative functions. I have been very busy with the colour one as it is huge, far too huge really and I am currently working my way through colour harmonies such as analagous, tetradic, monochromatic etc. I am using art to highlight how the colour schemes work, so I hope that is a good tack to take, otherwise I may be in the poo!! I suspect by the time I finish this is going to be in the region of about 60 pages.


I have completed my colour wheel, which I have had to paint and will add in here but can't till I have the project finished, back and marked! Below is an example of one I've used as a template. I have really enjoyed the painting, mixing the paints and getting lots of different colours etc and that is going to be fun to continue with the watercolour painting once I have a life again (ha ha!!)







Below is my example for showing, which colours are which and to show I've learnt something the hue is the 'proper' colour in its essence, a tint is the hue with added white - makes it lighter, brighter and more luminescent, a tone is adding grey which can be a variety of tones depending on the grey and shade is adding black and is the darkest and least luminescent. White, black and grey are the achromatic colours, colours which aren't colours and they are not on the colour wheel. We have a test on this in February so I will have to ensure I remember it all for then!!





Here is the shyest member of the family, getting in my way whilst I am trying to work!! She has poorly eyes and needs them cleaning and looking after regularly but they have never hampered her - ever - she is pretty bossy when she is out and about on the street and keeps the young upstart Simba from next door in his place! I am her favourite person in the house and on a night she will snuggle up with me, on my pillow and can quite often be a pain because she wants to play and will paw at me to play with her, which can be a problem when I am asleep as she is doing it and trying to wake me up. She will normally get pushed off the bed, but it doesn't deter her and she is straight back up doing it again!!



Here she is exploring the desk and all of my books and paperwork, from the other assignment I have due in next week, which is about administrative functions - should really be a doddle for me - so fingers crossed. It requires quite a bit of playing around with images, making posters, banners and labels, so hopefully that one should be ok.





Hooray I've finished my book - beware possible spoilers.


Lovers and Players - Jackie Collins





Well what can you say, Jackie Collins is Jackie Collins and this was all the usual stuff. I had it on my reading list, to get it off the shelf and now it's gone. Perhaps good for a sunny beach, but no longer my cup of tea. Now I've finished it I can start on the one for the Reading Group I joined on Facebook, hopefully it will eventually translate into one that runs in this area. I guess I did enjoy this sort of thing once a long time ago, but horrid people, being horrid to each other and nothing really interesting going on and nothing to test the brain, well ok for total relaxation but nothing else.


Ciao

Sue

XX

Reading challenge 10/16 - currently reading The Broken Window by Jeffrey Deaver - for a reading group and not one off my reading challenge list.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...