Thursday 26 November 2009

Floristry Course Week 8

A big week at college this week as two assignments have to be handed in, one was on Tuesday and one on Wednesday. I am pleased to say I got both of mine in on time, although the page count was the best part of 100 pages between the two, which was an awful lot of work, although one covering Colour was about 60 - 65 pages and the other which covered administrative functions in floristry was about 25 or so with references and contents and the like. So now it is a case of wait and see how I have done. It certainly was a slog to get them completed and ready to go.

We did lots of practical Monday and Tuesday as Wednesday was a theory day, the floristry classroom was having a cool room fitted. Monday was conditioning flowers too. There are a few photos of bits done this week below.


Tuesdays at College




Above is an aysemmetrical design which is one of my favourites and I am pretty pleased with this for a first attempt at Floristry level (!) I have done 2 or 3 at flower arranging and for the church so now I have added to my skills on this one I hope. Very pretty colours and liatris the feathery purple one is an interesting looking flower too and particularly useful to use in this arrangement as it is a structural flower. Next year I may start writing about some of the flowers in detail as some of the work I am doing on the course looks at them and it is interesting to explore what they are all about.

On Tuesdays we cover art and design and principles and elements in floristry, so some of the time we are painting, drawing etc. Drawing is not something I would put at the top of my skills list so it is quite a challenge to produce anything remotely like a flower arrangement but I am learning some techniques and may post a couple of pictures at another time, if they are any good!

After that we concentrate on arrangements in foam and or medium which is where the asymmetrical above comes in. This week we also did a based posy in the funeral unit and here are some piccies of my attempt, which I am quite pleased with!



I like the colour scheme of this one .....


and here is a closer view of the complementary spray.


We also did another hand-tied, and I am still not liking them! I am not at all pleased with this one and I will have to have a lot more practice on it before the assessment.

Fingers crossed for the assignments!

Ciao

Sue

XX

Reading challenge 10/16 - currently reading The Broken Window by Jeffrey Deaver

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...