Tuesday 7 September 2010

Cardmaking


I have finally had a go at card making and quite enjoyed the process - although scrapbooking will always be my first love in papercrafting.  I am sure I will now have another go and make some more cards in due course. 



I made these with an ulterior motive too as I entered them into the Bucks County Show which is why they are all wedding cards.  I didn't get placed even though there were only 3 entries and I didn't see who won as the other two entries had gone by the time we got there to collect our bits.  (Check out the other Bucks County Show posts including my flower entries and one or two other bits from other members of the family)  The comments card is later on in the post, but you can never guess what the judges are looking for at a first attempt so I may have another go next year!!



Overall and as a first attempt I am quite happy with these - although I can see some areas which need improving - can't you always!   As for what I used Basic Grey and Doodlebug papers, Inspire Me for matting, some Papermania embellishments I had, the wording was from a K and Co sticker sheet as well as a few other bits and pieces from my bits and pieces box(!!) 



I didn't want to go for the very obvious and used very "in" colours in wedding floral work at the moment.  Black and white is very big in wedding flowers, pinks and cream are always popular and I had to have some green in there somewhere - it wouldn't be me without green!!  Good fun but I can't use these as the weather was dreadful at BCS and so they got a bit damp overnight and during the show day but I will put them into my current scrapbook to keep along with my comments card.  Roll on next BCS!!!!!!!!



Ciao

Sue
XX

Reading challenge 13/16 - currently reading If I Was by Midge Ure

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...