Thursday 9 September 2010

My Birthday!!

August sees my birthday and this year I reached 45, which makes me see 50 looming ahead (shrieks with horror!!) - although life isn't too bad and I feel I have really achieved this year and then come September I will be starting out on the next stage of my life - putting those achievements into some sort of practice!!

So for my birthday I really didn't want to do too much and we decided we would have a meal - the three of us, which is the way I like it.  We went to The Navigation in Cosgrove (where we'd had a lovely meal for the Flower Club Annual Dinner) and we had a very pleasant evening.  What could be nice than sitting by a canal watching the boats going by, enjoying a lovely meal and watching the sun set.



The food was nice - except for the ice-cream which was divine.  Jamie had a burger which he felt was good, Mike the pie (and felt a little short changed) and I had a steak which was nice and cooked just the way I liked.  But the ice-creams and sorbets were to die for!!  It is unusual for me to have ice-cream for desert but the choice of flavours attracted me (they have at least 10 to choose from) and I opted for the raspberry sorbet, mango sorbet and walnut ice-cream and they were all wonderful.  Jamie had chocolate and it was very chocolaty and really really yummy - they were all really superior ice-cream and well worth a try if you are ever passing that way!  I was indulged and had an Irish coffee too so after a couple of glasses of wine was quite jolly by the time we left!!

The place was also full of Jack Russells well there was one in the beer garden and one in the bar - the one in the bar was lovely a really unusual brown colour for a JR and as friendly as friendly could be and I ended up having a really long chat to her owner and doting on the dog all the time!!

I really didn't want anything for my birthday as I had indulged myself at the flower show in Harrogate and bought a couple of bits for my floristry and flower arranging so I suggested a couple of small crafting bits which Mike and Jamie could get me - real indulgence pieces which I probably would not normally have bought but they are lovely and just what I wanted and I have a few pictures of them in a following blog.

Ciao

Sue
XX

Reading challenge 13/16 - currently reading If I Was by Midge Ure

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...