Sunday 12 September 2010

Scrapbooking and The Crop

I was off to the crop again in August and have a couple of layouts completed, the competition this month was something beginning with the letter B and I choose B for Brown and used a brown piece of cardstock to base my layout on.  I had a feeling I may have used one of the pictures before and when I checked when I got home it turned out I had - but it is one of my favourite pictures of Jamie and me so what the heck!


I used a little of MME and some Basic Grey Archaic, I am trying to use more plain background card and have the interest and colour coming from the photos and papers used on the layout rather than from the cardstock at the back (so to speak) - I'm not dissatisfied with this one and the colours appear to work well - picking up on colours in the photographs.  You can see the floristry training here as I am struggling to move away from 3 main colour areas in the layout as you would only tend to use 3 colour areas in floristry and flower arranging!

Playtime, laughter and buddies - I have had these photos for ages and really wanted to use them as the expressions on the faces are brilliant - they were having so much fun!  Again have limited the colour scheme but it works for the pictures.  K and Co papers and stickers on this one, some Karen Foster rub-ons (almost the last ones from that pack) and some Bazzill edges.  I printed out the words off the PC - I like the choice fonts I've got and the tittle is from some K and Co paper.  I like those pages which have lots of writing on where you can cut them up and use them as headings, or on the page, they are very good value for money scrapping.

This one I seem to have started ages ago and it sat unfinished for some time, which is unlike me (in those personality tests I always come out as a completer/finisher so that goes against the grain) and yes Mike I know I still have the paperwork to finish!!  A picture of a sunflower to look like a sunflower and embellished with a sunflower.  This was a playing around one, a bit of stamping a bit of journalling directly onto the page etc, just trying some bits out.  Love the picture of Jamie not so sure about the page.


This was an end of crop page, only had about 20 minutes so just threw the bits and photos at the page and its fair enough - quite representative of its subject matter.  It was a couple of crops ago and I suggested we have a speed layout as the next competition, which I was looking forward to and then wasn't able to make the crop due to being unwell (huh!).  I quite like the idea of a quick page not thinking to much but just going for it.
A couple here that have been blogged before, but have had some finishing touches put onto them just for completeness.  I must get round to scrapping this year's snow as the one above was from last year!!

A couple of monochromatic colour schemes too - I am trying not to do these at the moment as they are my natural style and trying not to use green too as I do lots of green!  We are currently discussing green accents for the sitting room!!
Ciao

Sue
XX

Reading challenge 13/16 - currently reading If I Was by Midge Ure

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...