Tuesday 21 July 2009

Finally I Get To A Crop!

Sunday 5th July - The Olney Crop


Last night I dropped Jamie off at Mike's Mums for him to stay the night because today I went to the Olney Crop. It's about 3 months since I managed to get to that crop, as they always fall when Mike is working. So as the last MK Crop was cancelled and I knew I wouldn't be able to make the next one either I decided to go to Olney to get my scrapping fix.


A crop for those uninitiated is where a bunch of ladies who love scrapbooking get together to scrap, share ideas and bits of stash, talk and natter the day away and at Olney eat the most delicious cake too.


As I was driving through Olney I spotted the most amazing window display at the florists, so I will pop back and have a look around Olney during the summer holidays, perhaps one day when we've gone to Emberton Park for the afternoon. Next time I go to the crop too, I will make sure I am good and early and have a quick look around the farmer's market which always seems to be on the same day, and I'm always in a rush to get to the crop so don't have chance for a look around.


I managed to complete two layouts and start a third. The first was my Liverpool Lambana layout, which shows some of the public art we saw in Liverpool during our stay in July 2008. All over Liverpool there were decorated superlambananas and they make a super layout. Here is a picture of Jamie with one of the slb's.





And here is the layout...




The second layout was of Jamie in concert at MK Theatre. He was taking part with others from his school at a concert in the foyer about animals. Here is the layout



I also made a start on another layout about the snow we had in February which turned into a double page and I have now finished and here it is ...



and page 2


The shop called for about an hour and I bought a few sheets of paper and some stickers, which I will put in a separate blog later in the week as I have a couple of other scrap crap bits to show too. After the crop I headed straight to Aylesbury to collect Jamie, I got over there in less than an hour which was good going and then back home to get Jamie ready for school again. He's only two more weeks left of this school year, where does the time go? Then my little boy will be in Year 5!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!



Ciao

Sue

XX

Reading challenge 3/16 - currently reading Pop Babylon by Imogen Edwards-Jones
Jamie's Reading challenge 2/12 - currently reading Bed and Breakfast Star by Jacqueline Wilson SLYMI - 1/52

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...