Tuesday 21 July 2009

Inchies and Twinchies

As you know I'm a scrapbooker, not much of a cardmaker, well not at the moment, as I have a stockpile of cards I'm still using up. I try not to keep and hoard, but I have to work hard not too. I have a birthday folder, where I keep cards, and still have quite a supply, perhaps when that is getting empty I may turn my hand to making a few.

I have made a few ATC's (Artist's Trading Cards) a bit like Pokemon cards for crafters and would like to make more of those, time permiting. But recently on my travels through the blogosphere came across something called inchies and twinchies. Mini works of art, scrapbooking style, rubber-stamping style and some of the ones I have found are super. So it was something I really wanted to have a go at. And something I thought Jamie might really enjoy having a go at too.

Inchies are a 1" X 1" square piece of artwork, they can be made from paper, card, fabric, anything really, they can included pictures, words, ribbon, brads anything you use in crafting or art, they can be inked, rubber stamped, embossed, coloured, painted etc, etc.

Twinchies are exactly the same but 2" x 2" (my own preference as they are a little easier for me to work with, now I need reading glasses but don't like to wear them!). I'm lucky as I have a 1" and 2" square punches, which has made life much much easier!

Rinchies are the same but are 1" circular - haven't had a go at these yet but will, and I'll show you. Will have to check out my Cuttlebug shapes and see if one of my circles is 1".

Rolo's are rolodex cards which are altered in exactly the same way as above, a sort of cross between a business card, mini art-work, ATC etc etc.

Moos which are exactly the same but 1.1" x 2.8 in size.

Whereas ATC's come in at 2.5 x 3.5 inches.

So here are our very first attempts, Jamie has done Club Penguin and I have done Whitesnake, I know not normal subject, but ours and we enjoy them! I think I prefer the twinchies, as I am not sure I can work as small as 1 inch. But they also appeal as they offer a super way to use up all those scraps I have left over, and when completed they could always be used as embellishments on scrapbook layouts or as card toppers, or even put into frames and given as gifts.






Here are some links to the websites I was having a look at



http://artbytheinch.wordpress.com/ (some stunning examples - real inspiration)


http://inchiearts.typepad.com/ (more wonderful ideas and inspiration)


Ciao

Sue

XX

Reading challenge 3/16 - currently reading Pop Babylon by Imogen Edwards-Jones
Jamie's Reading challenge 2/12 - currently reading Bed and Breakfast Star by Jacqueline Wilson SLYMI - 1/52

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...