Sunday 5 July 2009

Keep Free Weekend - Saturday 27th June

This weekend is one of our keep free weekends, where we try not to put anything into the calendar and we can either be spontaneous or we can just chill out and not be committed to anything. We try to guard to KFW's very carefully!




So today was one of those days when we just chill out and have lazy breakfasts (coffee and croissants today). We just pottered on today doing little jobs here and there. I've been trying to get the garden into a nice place to sit, Mike will paint the furniture and bits in due course. I'm quite pleased with the way the garden is coming along so far. I've got my hanging baskets and trough in the back garden done, and hopefully the slugs will keep off them and I can show the progress of them through the summer. We currently have a serious ant problem in the back garden and I've been spraying them and pouring boiling water over them like mad. We've found a couple of nests with eggs too and the little blighters, whilst I'm boiling the kettle they are moving the eggs - fascinating but they eat my plants!



We watched the final episode of Robin Hood tonight, poor Guy of Gisborne and poor Robin, surprisingly I (and Jamie) were blubbing when Robin died but I was ok when GofG died. It was so sad when Marian appeared and told Robin she had been waiting for him. (And now sad for us because it is not coming back - Jamie and I had wondered how it would survive losing Robin and of course when those left said "we are Robin Hood" we though ok, that's how they are going to do but no - the BBC has now decided to end it and maybe that is the best decision). I hope they bring a box set DVD out with all 3 seasons, as Jamie and I have really enjoyed them all.


Binnie looking very cute in the garden and recovering well from her op.

And then it was the last CSI NY for this season too. But we had a lovely relaxing day!



Ciao

Sue

XX

Reading challenge 2/16 - currently reading T is for Trespass by Sue Grafton
SLYMI - 1/52

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...