Tuesday 21 July 2009

Monday 13th July

My Garden is Coming Along Nicely


I have tried to get some colour into the garden this year so here are some photos of my little patch. I am really pleased with how it is coming along. We don't have any garden so everything has to be in pots etc. The soil in MK is too clay and whatever we tried didn't work, so we had a lovely landscaped patio built by Geoff and we love it. Below one of my pots, the slugs are very partial to this one at the moment, petunia, marigold, lobelia and garden mums, all working well so far.





The trough outside the kitchen window, this is the best it's ever been petunia and lobelia, it's starting to hang and cover the container which is pleasing.





My favourite flower of all, the Lily and this one is a delicate pink, this is near my favourite sitting area, when I get the chance it's a nice place to sit and read. You can see one of Mike's touches, a couple of geezers from the Muppet Show, can't remember their names though, do let me know Mike.


Also near there are my sweet peas, sadly not doing too well, I wonder what I am doing wrong with them?




The hanging baskets are outside the kitchen window,



and are starting to fill out nicely with petunia, lobelia and fuschia.




Outside the back door, more marigolds and mums, in the other pot a petunia and some foliage, I am growing on to repot and grow for flower arranging, when it is eventually big enough to cut.




A close up of this one and I can't remember it's name but will add it when I find out again, I love the colours, hot and sunny and there are plenty of buds for it to keep flowering for some time yet.


And finally some new plants ready to go in, I will update on how these are all looking in a couple of weeks.



Ciao

Sue

XX

Reading challenge 4/16 - currently reading Alice in Wonderland by Lewis Carol
Jamie's Reading challenge 2/12 - currently reading Bed and Breakfast Star by Jacqueline Wilson
SLYMI - 1/52

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...