Thursday 8 October 2009

College - Week 3

For this weeks issues over the parking see below, but yet again its AARGH, AARGH, AARGH!!!!

We started off week 3 with some wrapping, this time it was plants and planted pots and these were not as easy as they looked! More practice required! Then it was onto flat backed bouquets which sadly we didn't have enough time to finish but I felt I was just getting into it and was really pleased with the results I was getting. Mine certainly seemed firm and held in place, we will be going back to that next week, with an even bigger one, sadly I took mine apart before I got a picture, duh!




I was late into college this morning, but I've kept a note of how much and why. The reason is last week, I parked in a street near the college, not sure who the land belongs to, but it was adjoining a college building and grassed area, and wasn't in anyone's way, just like the other student cars who were parked in the same area. This week, when I and lots of other students arrived we found it had been double yellow lined, so it took ages to get out onto the main road again and then I had to drive around and find somewhere else to park. I managed to squeeze into the lane just past St Mary's Church car park and then walked in for about 10 minutes! College just passes the problem onto other areas rather than trying to come up with a solution to students parking problems. It should realise that for some people their park and ride scheme is not ever going to work. Now how do I get myself onto the Student Council? So because of their blanket policy on parking, this morning I missed 20 minutes of my class!


I feel like writing to find out who the land belongs to and who requested or who decided that the double yellow lines should be placed there. The area below highlighted in yellow is the area which has been double yellow lined, students parked in those areas were not causing a problem - except for the few who parked on the immediate area of Sherwood Drive. More to follow - keep tuned!




Ciao

Sue

XX

Reading challenge 8/16 - currently reading Lovers and Players by Jackie Collins
Jamie's Reading challenge 5/12 - currently reading Indiana Jones and the Kingdom of the Crystal Skull by James Luceno
SLYMI - 1/52

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...