Saturday 3 October 2009

Monday And Back to College for Week 2

Parking Travesty Week 2

So, parking AARGH AARGH! The mean spirited b***ards, that is all I can say. There was a way of sneaking into the college car park, but this weekend they have blocked it off, not only with tree trunks but also with college buses/vans. I think they are showing a total lack of care and consideration to a whole group of current students and potential students (parents with children). As I have said before they are trying to act as the 'environmental conscience' - well if you are a student but not if you are staff - then its ok to use a car.

One of the great ironies of it all is their policy is making a larger carbon foot print in many cases, as one of their responses to students when they ask where to park they suggest parking at the MK Dons Stadium and using the college bus service - and they have suggested this to a student who, to do that would have to drive a further 2 miles to the stadium, park up, wait for a bus and then reverse it in the evening, so to my mind, in that student's case a further 8 miles per day! In my own case rather than having to hump around all the equipment that is required on this course, because we have no lockers and cannot leave the items in our classroom, when Mike is on a day off he will drop me into college, thus doubling the journey - ie - I would (if I could park!) drive to college and then drive home so a round trip of approx 6 - 8 miles, on the days that Mike brings me in we will be making 2 trips thus doubling that days mileage to 12 - 18 miles, I haven't checked the exact mileage but rest assured, now I have the bit between my teeth I will.

Oh yes and have I mentioned the 40 plus empty car parking spaces at the college!

Watch out for updates - as there will be some.

College Week 2

As for the course, well today I had another go at Cone Wrapping, posh name for wrapping flowers in that pretty way Florists do! I'm getting the hang of it now and am happier with my bows too, as I had a practice of them at the weekend. Here we have two wraps, one in cellophane containing a single gerbera and a small bouquet in Kraft paper. Getting the hang of this!



My bows are starting to come together but need lots more practice too, just to make them better and quicker, and also to have a go at combining colours - but getting there!


Below is a more elaborate spiralled bouquet, this time with tissue paper to make it even prettier, again it's practice and more practice until it all just comes naturally, but not a bad start.


Still feeling pretty shattered by the time I get home - will I ever read and scrapbook again?

Ciao

Sue

XX

Reading challenge 8/16 - currently reading Lovers and Players by Jackie Collins
Jamie's Reading challenge 5/12 - currently reading Indiana Jones and the Kingdom of the Crystal Skull by James Luceno
SLYMI - 1/52

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...