Thursday 15 October 2009

Thursday - A Bit of a Catch Up

Time for a bit of a catch up as lots of things have been going on, too much happening but not too much time to blog about them. I've been pretty busy with college stuff, as expected. So not too much chat just some pictures to reflect bits and pieces that have been happening.

A picture of Jamie with his gold award from school, he has been working very hard in Maths and this was his reward, well done Jamie, if he continues to work hard and stays on the top table for Maths up to half term he is in line for another award too, an xbox game he is very keen to get!




Some floristry pictures too - some arrangements and practices I have done with flowers from our wedding anniversary and ones I have brought home from college.


This was a go at a spiral posy, which Janet had shown us at college, rather than the flowers being placed around the posy in a traditional style (see below where each flower has a very particular place to be in the design) they are spiralled around, a more flowing design, a more contemporary style of all round posy, I like this style very much, a potential Christmas design here I think.






Akito roses in a very simple line arrangement in one of my fave dishes for this arrangement, they are a beautiful and elegant variety of rose, but do bruise very easily.






Mine own design here a mass arrangement of roses, lovely for a simple supper arrangement, easy to do and effective.


Some of the flowers I brought home from college, we get to take home everything we have left on a Wednesday to use and practice with over the weekend. Can you see the pittosporum tenufolium, this is a big big favourite amongst all of us floristry girls now, it is so versatile and pretty and works so so well with Akito roses as the white in the variegated variety matches the roses and it just seems to make all the other foliage 'pop' with an added vibrancy.






Above is a single flower in cello wrap with a not too bad bow, they are not easy to make from scratch, you have to develop your own technique.



A flat backed bouquet with a nice bow, this is missing it's tissue paper but I was practicing sealing this one and am pleased with the result. I now want to have a go at a really really really big one!





A single flower in kraft paper (yes that is the proper spelling - it's a special type of paper!) with a pretty bow, the bow always has to be in proportion to the flowers!! This one is really pleasing.





The spiralling stems on my hand tied (not trimmed down yet) but really pleased with these. If I can get it to stand I usually dance around the kitchen, as that is the test for a hand-tied - does it stand!!!!





Quite tight at the top end, but I like this look, more like a bridal bouquet I suppose than the hand-tied you would buy as a gift, this is just a practice one and had all the flowers I had to hand in so the colours are not important - but you can see the pittosporum in the centre, are you loving it yet? I managed to hold quite a few stems in my hand and was pleased with that - hand tieds make you use different muscles in your hands I may end up with an arm wrestlers grip - ha ha!!


Not sure if I have mentioned but I got my PTLLS certificate through and I passed at the higher level - Level 4 - hooray!! So I am pleased to bits with that, I now need to start thinking about getting a couple of hours teaching which is really really exciting. I need to have a chat with someone soon about that and see what I need to do and where I need to go and who I need to speak to I guess.






I have also been watching a little bit of cricket the 20:20 championships in India and I am cheering on New South Wales, well Brett Lee plays for them, so why not.

Ciao

Sue

XX

Reading challenge 9/16 - currently reading Lovers and Players by Jackie Collins
Jamie's Reading challenge 10/12 - currently reading Indiana Jones and the Kingdom of the Crystal Skull by James Luceno
SLYMI - 1/52

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...