Saturday 3 October 2009

Tuesday - Floristry and To Do List

Today was floral arrangements day and the arrangement below was my second attempt at a simple linear arrangement, much more pleased with this one, as the carnations are not splaying out as much as last weeks.




Then it was onto a simple all round posy design, we get our flowers on a Monday and then use those flowers up to Wednesday, they start long and get shorter as the week goes on! Below is my simple design, I wasn't sure if the gerbera were too much, but was pleased with its profile. The next step was to change it into a simple posy with candle. I have a tendency to put too much foliage in, that is something I really need to watch out for.






And here is mine, I am much happier with the gerbera now, as the added height from the candle puts the gerbera much more into proportion. One of my big worries was timing, as I am always quite slow with my flower arranging, but so far I am going ok. I am also now starting to get to grips with some of the written work too, but need a couple of quiet days to get my head around it at my own pace.




My neighbour Janet gave me the two vases below, which will come in very handy for a variety of purposes, I've already used them to stand flowers in before I use them, allowing the flowers some time to condition prior to arranging. Thank you Janet.





I'm not sure if I mentioned but the final part of my birthday present has finally turned up and it is below, so if I get some time I might be able to use them to do a scrapbooking page. Oh well maybe the weekend!







Here goes for my second Tuesday To-Do List - its pretty similar to my first one but at least some of the things have been ticked off the list!



1 Tidy my desk - and keep it tidy - the big task, although it is less than a couple of weeks ago!

2 Catch up with all paperwork - lots of scanning to do

3 Tidy up the garden and start getting it ready for Autumn

4 Get out walking for longer walks with Binnie

5 Sort out Jamie's Bedroom and clear out some of his old toys/clothes etc.
6 Distress mirror for our bedroom.
7. Finish my Kefalonia scrapbook.
It still seems fairly daunting, but at least I am on top of the washing and ironing - and the ironing is my most dreaded job!! I am aiming to knock each job off the much bigger list in my head, slowly and just go for it one by one.


Ciao

Sue

XX

Reading challenge 8/16 - currently reading Lovers and Players by Jackie Collins
Jamie's Reading challenge 5/12 - currently reading Indiana Jones and the Kingdom of the Crystal Skull by James Luceno
SLYMI - 1/52

1 comment:

  1. Those flower arrangements are GORGEOUS! My favorite flower is Gerbera! :)

    How'd you do on your list this week, honey? Ready to tackle another week of To Dos? :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...