Friday 23 April 2010

And For the Rest of the Week

It was my flower club meeting again this week and here are some pictures of the stunning arrangements that were made by the very talented demonstrator. Once again one of the gang won one of the arrangements in the raffle, sadly not me, we do seem to end up with more than our fair share of raffle wins!! Don't you just love this piece of driftwood below, and it was a lucky find, not fair!!
I love the colour combination of orange and lime green, it works so well, and more driftwood .....


this one was very clever and used test tubes in amongst what looked like dried seaweed (not sure what it was) with the tulips in, I like the idea ..... unusual, something a little bit different.


I love the hot pink against the black container, a wow colour combination and one that I really want to have a go at, perhaps once I've finished my course.

an interesting combination of the asymmetrical and placing it in an open basket, this would look good as an Easter decoration. I need to start thinking about getting some shrubs into my garden, although I have spotted a source of Elaeagnus near home, so may ask if I can cut some of that at some point!!

On Saturday Jamie went to London with the cubs, the first time he has gone to a big city without us, I was pretty much OK, but gave him lots of talks about keeping with the group, listening, listening and not getting too near the edge of the tube!! Here are a couple of photos of his day - they visited the Natural History Museum ......

travelled on the tube .......

walked to Buckingham Palace .......

walked to the Houses of Parliament and had their lunch near the London Eye ......

and stopped for a loo break at Baden Powell House! (I have obscured some of the photos to blur out the other cubs). Jamie had a brilliant day, really enjoyed himself!


I caught up with Hannah in preparation for my meeting next week and we all had lunch at Furzton Lake which was jolly enjoyable, so a good week all round.


Ciao
Sue XX
Reading challenge 10/16 - currently reading Songbird by Josephine Cox

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...