Friday 23 April 2010

Florsitry Course Week 10

A very busy week at college this week, so not much chat and a few photos.

We had an assessment day and here is my funeral - loose posy pad, I got a Merit for this arrangement, as this was the first time I had done it - I'd never practiced it in class I was pretty pleased with that!!
Below is my loose posy in a basket with handles, I got a Distinction for this design, and was very pleased, I took the basket and ribbon from home and some of the flowers too, to add to what was available from college, as with the arrangement above too.


My form linear arrangement too, I managed a Distinction for this one as well, I was pleased with this one, yellow Eremurus, orange gerbera, an anthurium leaf and monstera leaf, a very good interpretation of this modern and European style.


And here is my pew end, I managed a Merit here too, just missed out on a Distinction because the tutor thought it was uneconomical even though I had not worked out the price, in fact it came in at the £21.50 mark which was only slightly over the £20 costing we had been given, may challenge that one, there is no leeway in her marking whatsoever.


A planted design, which looks really nice, back into the normal classes again now!



Below is the space that we have to produce a window display it won't be there but in the college front entrance, I am working with J for mine and am looking forward to it enormously, that is going to happen on the 4th May which seems ages away.


This is the area where I have to put my planted design and maintain it for 6 weeks, this is on the college main reception desk, so I am going to have to think carefully about what plants I am going to put in there. Not sure when this design in going in situ yet, after Easter holidays I would think.

A different view of the spot my design will go, not sure what the conditions there will be like, time will tell.

And then on Thursday I was off for my third day at my work placement and I still haven't told them!! Am I being difficult about it with them, too bloody right, they deserve it.


Ciao
Sue
XX
Reading challenge 10/16 - currently reading Songbird by Josephine Cox

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...