Friday 23 April 2010

Jamie Comes Home

Thursday and Jamie is back home from his residential.

Jamie was due to set off back home after lunch at the residential in Shropshire, so we anxiously checked the school website to see what time they were due back. I was so very much looking forward to seeing him.

We had been given a ETA but I was so anxious and didn't want the bus turning up early and us not being there for him that I made us set off earlier than it said on the website. And what a good decision that was, despite Mike not wanting to head off until the appointed time, I wasnt going to be stopped. As we pulled in front of school, what was there but the bus, about 30 minutes earlier than scheduled. Fortunately it had only arrived a couple of minutes before and we were one of only a couple of sets of parents getting their in advance.

I could hardly wait for the car to stop before I was out of the door, to see my little chap. And boy did it feel good to give him a great big bear hug - I WAS SO SO SOOOOOOOOOO HAPPY TO SEE HIM!! We gathered his bags together and after a couple of words with his group leader to were heading home.

It turned out from his group leader that he had been a real star and had attempted and done everything, which is totally brilliant. We later found out that he had brought a smile to all the teachers faces, as he attempted to do the abseiling! It turned out that he was all ready to do it, till he was up there and it was his turn at which point he apparently turned to the instructor and said "if you come any closer I am going to kill you"!!!!!!! The instructor apparently despite the threats of violence persevered and got him onto the abseiling and he did it - and of course he is now totally proud of himself because he challenged himself and came through -

WELL DONE JAMIE!!

When we were told this story at a later date, I shouldn't have laughed, but I did, it shouldn't be funny but it is, and I still laugh everytime I think about it.

It was so good to have him home, I kept cuddling him all evening and it was great to hear that he had had a brilliant time. Sadly we've got no photos to remember it by - think there could be a money making scheme there for school, they are missing out on!!
Very happy that he had a good time (abseiling, climbing, riding bikes, fencing and archery amongst others), but very happy to have him home!!


Ciao

Sue
XX

Reading challenge 10/16 - currently reading Songbird by Josephine Cox

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...