Saturday 12 June 2010

And the Rest and Some Friars Stuff

Some interesting stuff this week!!  Mike headed over to Aylesbury as the tickets for the final Friars gig at the Civic Centre went on sale and it is a biggie - Paul Weller.  I loved The Jam way back in the late 70's and early 80's but have never really been a fan his solo work, so was quite surprised at just how big he still is!  The queue for tickets was massive but Mike was there to observe not queue fortunately!  As you can see from the pictures he took below for the Friars website the queue extended a long way back ........

past the Civic Centre ..............

onto the bottom of Market Square (a pal of ours here - hello to the lovely Don) .......


and all the way to the top of Market Square.  They closed the queue at this point as no-one past this point would have got a ticket, so no point queuing .  Another pal below - hello Rick, (whose music knowledge surpasses Mike's and that really is saying something)!!


One of the first tickets sold ......

it was an exciting morning for the Friars crew!!  I was busy with Jamie at guitar and drama.

Sunday was exciting for me as I headed off to a scrapbooking crop, I haven't been to one for a few months, the last one folded just about a year ago, and I haven't had the chance to go to the Olney crop for a good few months either.  I was so excited when I found out one of the girls from the WT crop was organising this and got my name down straight away.  How lovely it was to see everyone again and just have a few hours not thinking about college etc and have some scrapbooking fun. 

Maria and Jay had done a fantastic job organising it and had put in some lovely touches as you can see from the photographs below.  I only managed a layout and a half, as I spent so much time chatting and I hadn't really been that organised in advance (I probably won't be that organised next time, but the time after I hope to be!!).

Here are some pictures from the day .....


a goodie bag which was a really lovely touch



"the croppers" and a very Happy Birthday to SJ who was celebrating a very special birthday and brought a little  bit of something yummy and fizzy
me, my snowy day layout and a box of swaps (a brilliant idea) - great for a rummage for something just to finish the design off.

I am eagerly awaiting the next crop and looking forward to getting back into the swing of things, next on the agenda a scrapping retreat (scrapping in my jimjams!!)!!

Ciao

Sue
XX

Reading challenge 10/16 - currently reading Songbird by Josephine Cox

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...