Wednesday 23 June 2010

College - The Penultimate Week!! - AARGH AARGH!!

And it was a bit of a damp squib, largely because I felt I spent nearly all of Monday sat around waiting for the tutor to stop spending her time with one student and remember that there are a lot more of us in the class.  So on Monday I got very very little done, when I had planned to get a lot more done, frustrating!

But I got my handbag corsage crossed off, this one looks a little sad but it is all there.  The flowers were 'well' old and not really up to the job, but at least it's another one off the list.


The design below I did at home to get is signed off, a compact textured posy, which I did grouped I like it, and everything in it has been recycled from another arrangement or free of charge courtesy of neighbours gardens!!  The large fir cone in the centre is one which we picked up in Kefalonia so is a lovely reminder of a fantastic holiday there.

Tuesday I didn't bother going in, spent my time working on written work at home, of which there still seems to be so much.  Could I please make a very simple plea to City and Guilds, for goodness sake give us a bloody clue when it comes to how much you want written for each level as assignments at over 80 pages a throw is beginning to get a bit tiresome!!!!!


Above is my circlet practice which I did on Wednesday and was pretty pleased with, now I just need to have a practice and check out the timings and work out when I am going to do this assignment.  And below is the most frustrating of things - I did my raised buffet but just wasn't happy with how it sat in the martini glass so withdrew it rather than getting it wrong and only getting a pass.  This was a big shame as it was a lovely design a citrus cocktail with fruit and lots of lovely coloured flowers.  Shame it wouldn't sit correctly in the lovely martini glass I have - so it is back to the drawing board on this one.


Overall a very frustrating week as I had planned to do so much more and get so much more out of the way!!  And then next week is the last week of classes - oh how that date has been yearned for and not just by me but by those who live with me and have had to put up with me being cranky and distracted just about all the time!!


Ciao Sue XX Reading challenge 10/16 - currently reading Songbird by Josephine Cox

2 comments:

  1. Nice post.........
    Thanks for sharing these wonderful pics with us. Those are looking very nice.
    Thanks........

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for your comments - I know I've learnt a lot but it's certainly been hard work!!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...