Thursday 24 June 2010

College - The Final Week (Well Sort Of!!!)

So the final week of classes has arrived, although not the final week.  We still have two weeks which they call re-submission weeks, which are for any re-takes, any mopping up and any other bits which need sorting out.  I handed in another assignment, a mere 80+ pages and about 15,000 words, City and Guilds please take note, this does need looking at!  I didn't go in Monday or Tuesday I decided to crack on with written work made more sense as there was no more course work for me to do.

Below is an all round posy arrangement with a candle I have re-done here's a link to my first attempt.  http://suesfamilyflowersandfunstuff.blogspot.com/2010/04/back-to-college-week-7-spring-term.html   - hardly a comparison really!!  This one is an awful lot better but the flowers are an awful lot better so that makes it easier to make and plan the design and I do like this colour scheme.  I upgraded my pass to a Merit, which is all you can do (a Merit can be upgraded to a Distinction) but you can only upgrade a piece once.  But I needed to get a Merit on this and I did so job done!!


Here is a piccie of both the upgraded pieces together.


My second upgrade piece of the week was this front facing arrangement which is a vast improvement on my first assessment which you can find here (http://suesfamilyflowersandfunstuff.blogspot.com/2010/04/back-to-college-week-7-spring-term.html).  I needed to get a Merit on this piece too and I did which means I have upgraded that unit to a Distinction which makes me very happy.  I can see one or two problems with this piece but still it did the job and don't the Chrysanthemum 'Anastasia' look lovely - well worth the price!!


And now for my penultimate assessment (well I may try and upgrade 1 or 2 more yet) but excluding resits.  This is the raised buffet which I decided not to submit last week as I wasn't happy with it.  Getting the oasis and the dish to sit securely in the Martini glass was a bit of a challenge, but I got there in the end, thanks to profiteroles from Tesco.  Well we had them for supper on Father's Day and I realised the shape of the top of the container was going to work perfectly - it would sit inside the Martini glass and not be seen or would be easier to disguise as it was clear plastic.

I did spend quite some time working out how to secure the dish and it worked - hooray.  I modified the design slightly changing the larger thicker stemmed bamboo for Gladiolus 'Green Star' which are lighter and taller so makes the proportions look better too.  I kept to the same colour scheme orange carnation, yellow roses and Chrysanthemum 'Anastasia Lime', I had used some lime sisal and a few ice-cubes and there is your citrus cocktail.  I was very pleased with this and I got the Distinction I was looking for which means I got a Distinction in that module as well, so I was a happy happy bunny.  So that was a couple of units totally completed.  I have completed 7 of my units completely now (except for any resits and pending some work being marked!)



So classes are now over and I probably am only going to be in for another 2 or 3 days excepting dropping or picking up written work, so almost done!!

Ciao

Sue
XX

Reading challenge 10/16 - currently reading Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkhaban

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...