Tuesday 15 June 2010

Friars June 4th - Paul Weller and John Otway

A good night!  Not much to say just lots of photos from a good night!  Lovely to see lots of friends old and new and Bob - I love you - what you did in NL truly one of the funniest things I have ever seen!!  Big thanks to Martin for driving and putting up with some drunken passengers!!  And finally apologies to my neighbours for my husband's outburst when we got home - he drunkenly walked into Martin's boot - nice gash and lots of blood!!  My apologies to my neighbours for my hysterical laughter and total incapacity when he did it!!!!!  It was a fun night.

So not much else to say just lots of photos courtesy of Mike's website where you can find the appropriate credits for each of the photos.  My camera broke, the battery cover final gave up (thankfully now repaired - how would I live without my camera)



David Stopps being interviewed by BBC Oxford


The Merch stall

Paul Weller

Timetable

Friars old and new

The Legendary John Otway

who was amazing to see

and will be seen again

Paul Weller



Weller

Otway after the gig

Getting his Friars Last Night Phase III Award


The End
it was incredibly sad to see this after the show and to know there would be no more gigs or events in this venue

One of the bar staff I had met when doing my work placement - small world
Sold out!!

Speaks for itself!!

All jumbled up but this is earlier in the day - setting up - Paul Weller was playing huge venues - Albert Hall etc on this tour and then diddy old Friars - a real coup for them


The trucks


The cake




The crowd, Mike meeting and greeting (ha ha!!)


Paul Weller


Paul Weller


The legendary Kris Needs - DJing


Rick and Judy working hard on the merch stall and celebrating their 33rd Wedding Anniversary



A face or two oh and Mike and I

John  and Judy

The end of an era - literally
Mike and the lovely Don

Kriss Needs on the decks
Mr Webmaster and Mrs Blogger

Some of the HJ crew - we'd met at the Here and Now last year
The packed venue
Stuart getting a piccie of the cake
Simon Bettinson  of the Young Punx - look for him behind Dizzy Rascal

David Stopps

Would you please make your way to the exits!!

Ciao

Sue
XX

Reading challenge 10/16 - currently reading Songbird by Josephine Cox

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...