Thursday 24 June 2010

Scrapbook Crop

Sunday was crop time again, that has come around very quickly, not that I am complaining!!  So I had got myself  all packed up and had spent some time putting together some kits, with pictures, papers from the  scrap crap and any ribbons, letters or embellishments I thought might work.  It means I don't have to take so much stuff with me and I can be quite organised in what I am doing.

Below is my main scrapping subject - Jamie in a layout using some October Afternoon papers and a handmade paper flower wot I made myself.  Quite plain but good fun being ready and organised.  I am into one colour layouts and keeping it to a monochromatic colour scheme, but using the tints, tones and shades of that colour.  I've used just a hint of brown as a contrast.  The journalling reads "Jamie in his first school assembly at HP School, behind Jamie is his good friend G".



The layout below is part of my 'rockstar' album.  It's my lovely lovely Ian McNabb, although this LO is still to be finished, I tried to rush out a third one in the last 20 minutes (and I think may have given rise to next months challenge - a speed scrap - but I will have to wait and see).  This is pictures of Ian at Guilfest in 200?, at another but can't remember where and backstage at The Stables (from which he has now got himself banned for being a naughty boy!!).  Ian looking fab in the picture and me looking dreadful with my very short hair, which at the time I thought looked great, but oh how wrong I was!!



Back to Jamie and back to a monochromatic colour scheme.  This was the challenge for this month, a scrap lift.  That is a totally super picture of Jamie so I needed to find a LO to lift which made use of a large picture.  I will add a bit of journalling to it now, the photo was taken in the Maze at Hampton Court Palace in 2008.  I am very into do it yourself embellishments at the moment as most of the ones I've bought have stayed largely in their wrappers, I never seem to have just what I want so I have thought I had better make my own.


Very much looking forward to the crop next month, as always a lovely bunch of ladies.  We had a raffle too with a lovely prize but I didn't win (shame!)  But the lady who won was new to scrapbooking so it was nice for her to win and see if she gets bitten by the bug.


Ciao

Sue
XX

Reading challenge 10/16 - currently reading Songbird by Josephine Cox

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...