Saturday 25 April 2009

Chillin Out!

Hey, it's the weekend, so we can all take a step back and relax. Mike has been pretty tired just lately, so he had a very long lie in and has hopefully caught up a bit and feels a lot more refreshed. As well as working he has been ultra busy with his website and associated activities (see http://www.aylesburyfriars.co.uk/), and just needed a break from it. I will do a separate blog all about Friars because what started as an innocent remark from me has become something of a juggernaut, albeit a very interesting and exciting one!

Jamie got the first part of his homework out of the way this morning so he can enjoy the rest of the day, and has been out on his bike and now (whilst I write) Kian is here and I suspect (as the phone has just rung) David is on his way! Blackcurrant to drink and an ice-cream all round shortly, I expect!

Before Mike really surfaced, I took a reluctant Jamie off for a few minutes to a flower festival at St Mary Magdalene's Church in Willen. It is a lovely little church, with boxed pews, and a font in the middle of the aisle. They have had some repairs and a new roof recently and the flower festival was to celebrate their completion. There were some lovely arrangement, particularly the two at the side of the altar, which were by Jeanette Smith and one called 'Cross and Stable'. The latter was an asymmetrical in rich orange, bronze and yellow and had Leucospermum, which look stunning in any arrangement. Sadly my photo of this one did not come out well. But I have included a couple of photos, one of the alter arrangements, 'Reach for the Roof' (below) and a trio of asymmetricals in differing sizes called 'Following Jesus, Sharing his Love' by Margaret Brown (above).



There were 5 pew end arrangements, which looked very familiar, in fact identical to the one I did at my Floristry class on Tuesday, so I had a chat with one of the ladies and found out that she goes to the Thursday class with Sue Billington and they had been donated to the festival.

As we were leaving Willen we spotted the road name below and those of you who know me will know I have a bit of a soft spot for Whitesnake guitarist Doug Aldrich, so I was very pleased to see that he had been honoured in Milton Keynes! Now what do you think the chances are of Mike and I buying a house on that street. Better do the lottery tonight I think.


So now I am organising a few scrapbook pages, picking the papers to use and the photos, and at the same time watching a flower arranging DVD, I guess for me its an ideal relaxation time.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...