Wednesday 22 April 2009

Tuesday 21st April - Floristry Class

Today was the start of my floristry class again at Newport Pagnell. The class was much smaller than last term, but a few people were still on holiday. We were doing pew ends today. But they can be used as top table arrangements, or even for a funeral with a couple of minor adjustments. I missed having a go at pew ends in Sylvia's class so was pleased to be able to have a go. The photo is below, and with a few added ribbons and touches I am pretty pleased with it for a first attempt.






I may have put a few extra sweetheart roses in, but of course that's the flower arranger where budget is set for a one off and not the florist who would have to produce maybe 8 of these for a wedding!

When I got back home, Mike and I headed off to do the dreaded and hated food shopping. So now the freezer, fridge and cupboards are all full to brimming again, and other than a quick pop into Tesco's local for bits and bobs as and when I should not have to go again for at least 6 weeks. I really really loathe food shopping, I am not that big into shopping at all really, except for an occasional shop here and there. I do enjoy browsing book shops, antique stalls, flea markets, florist shops and garden centres and an occasional craft stash shopping spree, but only now and again. Internet shopping was invented for me!

Not sure where the rest of the day went, but did catch up with some paperwork and of course CSI.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...