Monday 27 April 2009

Straightforward Monday

Just an ordinary day today, did a few chores and pottered (my term for doing some jobs, messing around on the web, playing with Binnie, drinking lots of coffee whilst nattering to Mike) around all day. I watched the most recent X-Files film, which I had borrowed from the library and had to go back today. When did Mulder and Scully become an item? I missed that one, but enjoyed the film very much. But I hope that is the end as sometimes, these movie franchises can go on too long.

Felt really guilty when Jamie's little pal David came round to play but couldn't because we were just on our way out. I know they are only 9 but why don't they ring first! He looked so disappointed and I felt so bad, but I shouldn't, it is ok to say no when it's not convenient, I just have to keep telling myself that. We can have David round to tea later in the week and he will be happy again. Going to the library every week is one of the things that Jamie and I really enjoy doing together and I don't really like sharing that with anyone else, it's one of those (and I really hate the phrase) 'quality times'. We have fun picking out our books, dvd's or cd's, and sometimes we take homework to the library too. I think it's a good idea to show Jamie that information can be found in many other places, not just on wikipedia, and give him the skills to be able to find the information. (Or perhaps that's just because I spent so long working in a library!).

Today I got an Italian cookbook out on loan, so I hope to have some fun with that later in the week. I had the second best Minestrone I ever had in Ely recently, the best was in Amsterdam some years ago, so my task for tomorrow is to make an even better Minestrone. I'll have a go at two or three dishes during the next couple of weeks and I will let you know how they go!

I have managed to plan out a few scrapbook pages and put them into a folder, but I think they will now have to wait for some attention for a few days as I have a busy day tomorrow. Off for a glass of Pinot Grigio rose now and to watch Ashes to Ashes then bed. I just have the scrapbooking mess to tidy up first. I am a messy scrapbooker, no matter how much room I have, I use it all. I think if I had masses of space I would still use it all.

The other down side of scrapbooking is the stash, and there is always something that I want, but not neccesarily need! I try to be good, but perhaps in my next scrapbooking blog with add a few of my favourite items and a few of the items I would like!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...