Wednesday 22 April 2009

Scrapbooking

Scrapbooking is one of my major interests and I have built up a nice supply of equipment and consumables (papers, embellishments, ribbons etc) known as stash over the past couple of years. I started going to a crop in autumn last year and love them. A crop is where a group of like minded gals get together to indulge their love of scrapbooking. Everyone has a bit of a nosey around other people's stash and you can usually spot something that goes on your must have list. But the best bit is to exchange ideas about projects (layouts) and see what other people have done too.

I got into scrapbooking, because I have over the years kept a yearly scrapbook, keeping tickets, leaflets, programmes, ribbons of birthday cakes, cards and anything else that has taken my fancy, so I have going back quite a number of years now a wonderful record of all the things that we have done. After seeing some of the scrapbooks and papers that go along with the (American style - well it did come from America) I thought, I just have to have a go at that and I am hooked.

It does appear to become a bit of a passion with the gals who do it and a bit of an obssession for some (you should see some of the websites!), although I have tried to ensure that I keep it all within perspective and ensure that the stash buying stays well within reason. I have a real passion for the creative process and love to put a page together and try to make it the best that I can, but if it doesn't go quite right, its kind of oh well ho hum because it has to be a relaxing process too and most of all I have to enjoy it, which I do.

My most recent pages are below:-

MY GUY



This is a page about Mike, he was beginning to feel a little bit left out after all the pages I had done on Jamie, and a few I had done on Doug Aldrich!

MIDGE URE & ME




This is a picture of Midge and me taken just after his gig at Corby in September 2008, an enjoyable gig, but he has never bettered when Mike and I saw him doing his Sampled, Looped and Trigger Happy show at The Stables , Wavendon about 2004/2005 (I need to check the exact date).


SWEET





A fantastic picture of Jamie, he looks so good in hats. I was pleased with this page, as it is very simple, using just a couple of colours (my favourite colours too) and the same picture repeated, I think it works really well.

Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...