Wednesday 20 May 2009

Floristry Class - Tuesday 19th May

We all slept in! We all slept in this morning until 8.50 am, sleeping through several alarms, I am blaming the champagne for sending Mike and I into near coma depth sleep! Jamie made it to school, but he was very very late, only the second time in his school career that we have really messed up! After dropping Jamie at school I headed off to my Floristry class, where we were going to do a more traditional arrangement but with a bit of a twist.


Sue, the tutor, is also a fan of lime green and so we were using lime green raffia in this design. The first thing we had to do was make a cage from doh (?) sticks and then weave the raffia around the base to make the cage for a rose. Lovely colour flowers this week too, roses, chrysanthemum, leatherleaf and alchemilla. The rose was sat inside the cage and then it was tied at the top and covered in raffia and embellished with 3 green pearls. The main arrangement was fairly straightforward, with only the alchemilla presenting any problems, it is quite tricky to get into the oasis. The ends of the doh (?) sticks were added and then bright green thin wire added as a final point of interest. I like this one, getting it home was a bit tricky due to its height.



I did a second arrangement later in the day, to use up the leftover flowers from Jeanette's birthday arrangement, and am pretty pleased with it. Quite simple really, I filled a candlestick with green crystals and used two fatsia, two amaranthus, two anthurium and some steel grass. Simple but looks very effective in the window.



I also photographed Jamie's page from scrapbooking at school on Monday and I think he did really well, he has got the idea of what to do and anyway, my philosophy with any type of crafting is to enjoy it first and if you are happy with it then that is all that matters, and if your not well at least you had a go! In the words of the great James Hetfield, 'dare to fail', it is one of the ways I like to live my life now. So what if I get things wrong and mess up sometimes, at least I've had a go, gave it my best shot and I can be happy with that. And actually when you give things a go you usually find you get as much enjoyment from having a go and succeed more often than you fail!



Jamie's friend Jake turned up this evening, so he and Jamie spent a good long time playing and then Jake stayed to tea. We had planned a family mid-week roast, as we had not had one at the weekend so there was plenty to go around. We eventually popped Jake home in the car as it had got a little later than we had planned, but they enjoyed themselves.



Ciao

Sue

XX

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...