Tuesday 26 May 2009

Tuesday - 5km in Under an Hour

As it is half-term we can have a much more relaxed regime, so Jamie was up first and I joined him and Mike a little later. We saw Mike for a short while, before he headed to bed, totally bushed. After he has worked his first night, he is always the most tired. Jamie did his own thing for a little while as I got on with some chores. We then headed out on our 5km walk, which we did in 55 minutes, which I am really pleased about, that averages 11 minutes per km, which is not a bad pace to be walking at the moment. The weather was much more conducive to walking today and whilst the sun was out, there was a lovely breeze.

As soon as we got back from our walk, we had to dash out for an appointment, more of which in a few weeks time I hope (well maybe 3 weeks time, if I and you are lucky!). After that we popped into Pets You Can't Have (Pets at Home) to get some treats for Binnie. We stocked up on all of her favourites, so much so that for the rest of the day she was chewing one of the hide bones we had got for her. We had a look at the rabbits which were really cute, and Jamie tried to persuade me that the rat, gerbils and hamsters were cute as well, but as all of them make me shudder he wasn't going to persuade me!

We had a quick look around Hobbycraft and I spotted a couple of bits I could use in flower arranging and some dried flowers which may be handy for a dried display I want to update for the stairs but we didn't find a scrapbook for Jamie's school competition which is what we were really looking for. So we headed off for Jays Crafts, a fairly new craft shop in MK and one which gets better and better each time I go which is really encouraging.
We did find Jamie a lovely scrapbook for him to put his pages into and I just couldn't resist buying a couple of bits too. I bought some glossy accents which I had been thinking abut purchasing for some time. I was also drawn to a couple of bits of Tim Holtz/Ranger stuff as I am a big fan of Tim Holtz products and his style. I bought a couple of alcohol inks and the applicator to have a go with and I also bought some Twinkling H20's which I have been thinking of getting for a long time. I had not really been into rubber stamping but I am getting more into it as time is going on.

When Jamie and I eventually got home we had a late but lovely lunch and then played Snail's Pace Race, a game Jamie has now had for years and years, but one that keeps coming out time and time again, so a winner all round. We had some fun playing that and then Jamie wanted to do some scrapbooking, so I was not going to argue with him on that score. So we did a little bit, and hope to do some more tomorrow. I completed a page I have had outstanding for while and Jamie did a page about our holiday in Kefalonia last year. I am so pleased he is enjoying the scrapbooking!


This layout is called 'FamilyFun' and the photos were taken in 2006 at Beachy Head, when we were on holiday in Hastings. I choose the colours to reflect Jamie's Kerry football shirt and there is of course, for me, the obligatory flower. For the journalling I have used printer safe acetate for the first time and am really pleased with the result and think I will be using that a lot more. It has two main advantages for me, one being I can use a multitude of fonts which are available on my PC or the net and two that you can still see the paper through the acetate.

The second layout are some shots from the Metallica gig at Birmingham NEC in March 2009. A bit of everything on this page, embossing, bling, layering but I was pleased to find a Metallica type font for the journalling.

Ciao

Sue

XX

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...