Sunday 10 May 2009

Thursday 7th May

Thursday was a day when my plans changed unexpectedly. I had been planning a full day of housework and tidying up, but all that changed after a phone call and I was asked to look after a friend's little boy. So after trying to get some jobs out of the way in the morning, I set off to the local nursery to collect a 3 year old and try to remember what you need to do when they are so little. It is amazing how quickly you forget! Well I can hardly remember what I did yesterday let alone 6 years ago! It was very nice to see some of the teachers from Jamie's first school.

On the way home we called into the park and Kaide had a very good run around, scaring me with his agility and bravery, he did some things which Jamie won't even do now! Then after our lunch, I spent the afternoon watching Brum and Balamory, a long time since I had done that, so I guess it was useful that Jamie will still not get rid of some of his old DVDs! We also played with some of Jamie's toys. He was not sure about Binnie so she was relegated to the kitchen, but she was a good girl all day and did not make a fuss about it at all.

We walked up to school at home time to collect Jamie and Kian who was also coming home with us (Kian is the older brother). They all got stuck into the toys and played, it is nice to see that when presented with no other options children are more than happy to play with regular toys. Perhaps that is the problem today, computers, computer games and TVs are too convenient, I know it is a constant struggle with Jamie to get him to play with his toys, but when he does, boy does he enjoy it! Perhaps we should have 3 days a week without computer games etc. Although I may just make a suggestion of 1 day per week to start with!

We were then joined by David, so the 'evening and weekend gang' were all together and they headed off to the park, I tagged along as Kaide wanted to go too. Then this side of EV was treated to a song at the tops of their voices which ended in 'dangly bits' - I guess that's 9 year old boys for you. We then headed back and they all had baked beans on toast and ice-cream for tea. It was a thoroughly enjoyable afternoon.

By the time they had all gone home and Mike was home from work, all I wanted to do was put my feet up and watch TV, yawn ............ and head off to bed!

Ciao

Sue

XX

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...