Sunday 20 September 2009

The Big Reveal!

Spent some time doing some bits and bobs, watched some cricket and we went out for Sunday Lunch to The Bell at Winslow but the main thing for me today is to ensure I am ready for tomorrow, bag packed and ready and me with a good nights sleep and ready to be off for my new adventure. And what is that adventure - well I am going back to college. Tomorrow I start my Floristry course at Milton Keynes College. I am going back to college and am going to be a full-time student again at the age of 44!


I started flower arranging a year ago on Thursday just gone and here I am about to embark on a learning experience which I know is going to lead to me to a whole new life. How do I feel, apprehensive, well no not really, a little nervous, I guess but I think a few nerves are always good, gets the adrenaline going but excited and just can't wait to get started. A bit like when Mike and I got married, or even the first time we had a proper date, just a feeling that it is the right thing for me to be doing.


So I guess lots of my posts now are going to be about my time at college and I have also decided that I may no longer blog every day, but perhaps update every few days or so, depending how my work load allows, as I still have to be a full-time Mum to Jamie and I still want to have a life! I am very much looking forward to tomorrow, but still wish me luck!


We had an enjoyable meal at The Bell at Winslow but perhaps it was not as yummy as it has been in the past. The starters were good, I had pate which was really tasty on some lovely melba toast and a little bit of melon, Jamie had pate and eggs mayonnaise as did Mike. Jamie had turkey for his carvery and ate every scrap on his plate, I had beef which was nice, but Mike was not keen on the beef. Jamie had profiteroles, Mike Banoffee and I had key lime pie, I think the boys did better on desert than I did, but all in all not too bad. Sadly they have had some updating at The Bell, gone a bit contemporary, but I feel it has lost some of its charm, which it got from the oldie worldy feel of the place. But all in all not too bad.


Sadly there was no crop again this month, so I have missed out on my scrapbooking, I will be having to have a look around and see if I can find another one running locally outside of Olney which I do go to as and when Mike's shift and our other commitments allow. I have missed my scrapping and need a fix soon!



Ciao

Sue

XX

Reading challenge 8/16 - currently reading Lovers and Players by Jackie Collins
Jamie's Reading challenge 7/12 - currently reading Indiana Jones and the Kingdom of the Crystal Skull by James Luceno
SLYMI - 1/52

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...