Sunday 6 September 2009

Final Day of the Summer Holidays!

No it can't be! It cannot be the final day of the summer holidays, they are all gone. Jamie is tucked up in bed and everything is ready for tomorrow. He is starting in Year 5, his new teacher will be Mr Morris and I am looking forward to meeting him tomorrow morning.

I've messed up on Jamie's new school trousers, as I have had them waiting for him for weeks, a pair from Next, exactly the same size as the shorts he has been wearing over the summer, so all should have been well, but Next's school trousers are 2 inches (yes 2 inches!) shorter around the waist then their shorts - now how does that work? To say I am a bit miffed is an understatement. I will be taking this up with Next tomorrow! Luckily I have an old pair of Jamie's school trousers, which I had kept for the length as a guide to take the new ones up. Angry is me, you bet!

I am sad to see Jamie go back to school tomorrow as I love having him about, but he is happy to be going back so that makes it all right. He will get a special lunch box tomorrow. A couple of his best pals are in his new class T, C and S and that is good.

Jamie and I snuggled on the sofa and watched Australia beat England and I think I may be converting him to cricket, which would be good.

Tomorrow I have lots of plans of things I want to get done, so we will see how it goes, my first job after going out with Binnie, will be to tackle Jamie's bedroom, it is ready for a good clean out after having him at home for 7 weeks. I hope the weather stays good so I can get plenty of washing out! I have a relatively quiet week ahead - a dentist appointment, helping a friend with the Church flowers, getting back into the weekly library routine, and ferrying Mike to the station will be my highpoints and I am looking forward to a week getting stuck into some serious cleaning! (Honestly I am!) But Wednesday after 2pm I am hoping to keep pretty free for some serious cricket watching again!

As for Mike, he has an exciting week, he is going to see a band that he has wanted to see for about a hundred years and has never managed to see before and he is also due to interview, in an pub in London, a VERY VERY famous musician who was in one of this countries biggest bands ever! I may give a hint tomorrow as to the creation of this band!!


Ciao

Sue

XX

Reading challenge 8/16 - currently reading Lovers and Players by Jackie Collins
Jamie's Reading challenge 5/12 - currently reading Indiana Jones and the Kingdom of the Crystal Skull by James Luceno
SLYMI - 1/52

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...